Allegra Spender MP, Elected to the House of Representatives for Wentworth, New South Wales, 2022
Ms Allegra Spender MP, Member of Parliament for Wentworth, (Sydney, NSW) Australia, very kindly agreed to join us for a zoom event:
- 1pm Sydney time, Tuesday 14 March 2023 start
- 11:00am Tokyo time, Tuesday 14 March 2023
- 2am UK time, Tuesday 14 March 2023
- 10:00pm New York time, Monday 13 March 2023
- 7:00pm San Francisco time, Monday 13 March 2023
- 1:15pm – 2:00pm (Sydney time) Ms Allegra Spender MP
- 11:15pm – 12:00noon (Tokyo time)
- 2:00pm – discussions
- 12noon- (Tokyo time)
Allegra Spender MP, Federal Member for Wentworth (Australia)
Wentworth covers an area from Elizabeth Bay along the southern shore of Sydney Harbour to Watsons Bay and down the coast to Clovelly
Allegra Spender is the independent Member for Wentworth (Australia). She is a local resident who loves the environment our community is lucky enough to share. Her passion to make sure her kids and future generations continue to enjoy that beauty motivated her to run for parliament on a platform of climate action, political integrity, gender equality and decency. She was elected as part of a wave of so called “Teal” independents who swept into the crossbench in May 2022.
Allegra went to Ascham School Edgecliff, has an Economics degree from Cambridge University and Trinity College, an MSc from the University of London, and has completed business courses at Harvard and Dartmouth College. Before parliament Allegra worked as a business analyst at McKinsey, a policy analyst with UK Treasury and later Managing Director at Carla Zampatti Pty Ltd, her family’s fashion label. Allegra was also the chair of the Sydney Renewable Power Company, and CEO of the Australian Business and Community Network, which addresses educational disadvantage by partnering low socio-economic schools with leading Australian businesses.
As an MP she has taken a leading role with the crossbench in passing a legislated target for reducing Australia’s CO2 emissions, the establishment of the National Anti-Corruption Commission and critical examination of the government’s new Industrial Relations legislation.
She is on the Senate Standing Committee on Economics, The Joint Standing Committee on Migration, and is co-chair of the Parliamentary Friends of Entrepreneurs, Small and Medium Business, Uluru Statement from the Heart and International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA).
She is married with 3 kids.
Allegra Spender is one of the ‘Teal Independents’
Registration and enquiries:
Prior registration required until Sunday 12 March 2023. Anonymous registrations are not accepted, please introduce yourself briefly when you register.
We will upload the recording to the Trinity in Japan Youtube Channel – by participating you agree to the upload of the recording:
All Trinity members, Fellows and students globally are very welcome to pre-register, and I will send a registration link if there are still places available.
In “Your message” box please state:
- which event(s) you are interested to attend,
- your full name, briefly introduce yourself if this is your first time to attend a Trinity in Japan event,
- your affiliation with Trinity College Cambridge – Trinity students, PhD students are especially welcome
- If you are not associated with Trinity College Cambridge, you may still attend as a guest in certain cases – in this case please write a short sentence why you are interested to attend and participate in the discussion,
Thank you – we ask for your understanding that “anonymous” participation (eg name unknown to us, a free email eg hotmail / gmail / yahoo etc) is not possible. We cannot answer “anonymous” requests.
Copyright (c) 2022 Trinity in Japan Society All Rights Reserved
Leave a Reply