Daan Frenkel, Honorary Fellow at Trinity, Emeritus Professor of Chemistry at Cambridge University
Professor Daan Frenkel, Honorary Fellow at Trinity, Emeritus Professor of Chemistry at Cambridge University, has very kindly agreed to join us for a zoom discussion on his work using computer simulations for a very wide range of problems in chemistry:
- 5pm Friday 3 March 2023 start
- 5pm Tokyo time, 8am UK time, 0:00midnight SF time
- 5:15pm -6:15pm Professor Daan Frenkel
- 6:15pm – discussions
Professor Daan Frenkel
Daan Frenkel develops computer simulations which he applies to understand and solve a very wide range of problems in chemistry, materials science and biology.
Daan was Head of the Department of Chemistry at the University of Cambridge, where was Professor since 2007, now Emeritus Professor. Daan is Honorary Fellow at Trinity.
Daan has co-authored the book “Understanding molecular simulation”
Professor Daan Frenkel has received a long list of some of the most prestigeous prizes for his achievements, including the Lorentz Medal
Registration and enquiries:
Prior registration required until Thursday 2 March 2023. Anonymous registrations are not accepted, please introduce yourself briefly when you register.
We will upload the recording to the Trinity in Japan Youtube Channel – by participating you agree to the upload of the recording:
All Trinity members, Fellows and students globally are very welcome to pre-register, and I will send a registration link if there are still places available.
In “Your message” box please state:
- which event(s) you are interested to attend,
- your full name, briefly introduce yourself if this is your first time to attend a Trinity in Japan event,
- your affiliation with Trinity College Cambridge – Trinity students, PhD students are especially welcome
- If you are not associated with Trinity College Cambridge, you may still attend as a guest in certain cases – in this case please write a short sentence why you are interested to attend and participate in the discussion,
Thank you – we ask for your understanding that “anonymous” participation (eg name unknown to us, a free email eg hotmail / gmail / yahoo etc) is not possible. We cannot answer “anonymous” requests.
Copyright (c) 2022 Trinity in Japan Society All Rights Reserved
Leave a Reply