Alex Davies: Founding lead of AI for Maths initiative at DeepMind
On Friday 8 April 2022 at 18:00 (Tokyo time), at 10am (Cambridge, UK time) Trinity alumni Alex Davies (Trinity 2010), project lead on the Sciences team at Deepmind has kindly agreed to join us for a zoom discussion.
All Trinity College Cambridge Fellows, former Fellows, students, alumni and members very welcome.
- Friday 8 April 2022 at 18:00 (Tokyo time), at 10am (London/Cambridge time) – start
- 18:15 – 19:00 (10:15-11:00am London) Alex Davies
- 19:00 – 20:00 (11:00-12:00am London) discussions
Prior registration required until Thursday 7 April 2022. Anonymous registrations are not accepted, please introduce yourself briefly when you register. For security there is a two-step pre-registration/registration process. Only pre-registered and approved participants can join the zoom event.
We will upload the recording to the Trinity in Japan Youtube Channel – by participating you agree to the upload of the recording:
Alex Davies (Trinity 2010), Founding lead of AI for Maths initiative at DeepMind
Alex Davies received his PhD in machine learning from Trinity College, Cambridge under Zoubin Ghahramani and is currently a project lead on the Sciences team at DeepMind. Previously he has built ML (machine learning) systems at Google, generated lyrics for a west-end musical and appeared on the BBC as an “emoticon expert”.
Alex is lead author of the recent Nature publication “Advancing mathematics by guiding human intuition with AI”, which featured on the title page of Nature Vol 600, No. 7887:
Registration and enquiries:
All Trinity members, Fellows and students globally are very welcome to pre-register, and I will send a registration link if there are still places available.
In “Your message” box please state:
- which event(s) you are interested to attend,
- your full name, briefly introduce yourself if this is your first time to attend a Trinity in Japan event,
- your affiliation with Trinity College Cambridge – Trinity students, PhD students are especially welcome
- If you are not associated with Trinity College Cambridge, you may still attend as a guest in certain cases – in this case please write a short sentence why you are interested to attend and participate in the discussion,
Thank you – we ask for your understanding that “anonymous” participation (eg name unknown to us, a free email eg hotmail / gmail / yahoo etc) is not possible. We cannot answer “anonymous” requests.
Copyright (c) 2022 Trinity in Japan Society All Rights Reserved
Leave a Reply