JC de Swaan (Trinity 1993), Partner at Cornwall Capital and Lecturer at Princeton University, Dept of Economics, graduated from Trinity with an MPhil in International Relations
All Trinity Fellows, Former Fellows, alumni, students and members are very welcome.
- Thursday 9 December 2021 at 9:00am (Japan time),
- Thursday 9 December 00:00 midnight (London/Cambridge time with apologies),
- Wednesday 8 December 7pm (NY time)
JC de Swaan has very kindly agreed to join us for a zoom discussion, based on his recent book “Seeking Virtue in Finance: Contributing to Society in a Conflicted Industry (Cambridge University Press)”, and other topics
- 9am Japan time (00:00 midnight London/Cambridge time with apologies, 7pm New York time)- starts
- 9:15 – 10:15am (Japan time) JC de Swaan
- 10:15am – (Japan time) follow-on discussions
Prior registration required until Tuesday 7 December 2021. Anonymous registrations are not accepted, please introduce yourself briefly when you register.
JC de Swaan (Trinity 1993)
JC de Swaan is a lecturer in the economics department at Princeton University. He also teaches at the Judge Business School at the University of Cambridge. In the past he has taught at Yale University, Hong Kong UST, and Cheung Kong Business School in Beijing. Separately, he is a Partner at Cornwall Capital, an investment fund based in New York. Prior to Cornwall, he was a senior advisor on China at a global macro fund, an investment professional at an Asia-dedicated hedge fund, and a management consultant at McKinsey & Company.
He received his B.A. from Yale University in Political Science, an MPhil in International Relations from the University of Cambridge, and a Master in Public Policy from Harvard University’s Kennedy School. He is the author of Seeking Virtue in Finance: Contributing to Society in a Conflicted Industry (Cambridge University Press).
JC graduated with an MPhil in International Relations from Trinity.
- Seeking Virtue in Finance: Contributing to Society in a Conflicted Industry (Cambridge University Press)
Registration and enquiries:
All Trinity members, Fellows and students globally are very welcome to pre-register, and I will send a registration link if there are still places available.
In “Your message” box please state:
- which event(s) you are interested to attend,
- your full name, briefly introduce yourself if this is your first time to attend a Trinity in Japan event,
- your affiliation with Trinity College Cambridge – Trinity students, PhD students are especially welcome
- If you are not associated with Trinity College Cambridge, you may still attend as a guest in certain cases – in this case please write a short sentence why you are interested to attend and participate in the discussion,
Thank you – we ask for your understanding that “anonymous” participation (eg name unknown to us, a free email eg hotmail / gmail / yahoo etc) is not possible. We cannot answer “anonymous” requests.
Copyright (c) 2021 Trinity in Japan Society All Rights Reserved
Leave a Reply