All Fellows or members of Trinity College (Cambridge University) living in or visiting Tokyo are very welcome
Will meet on Friday 30 August 2019 at 7pm in central Tokyo. Professor Dominic Lieven, Honorary Fellow and Emeritus Fellow of Trinity and one of the most eminent Russian and European historians is planning to join.
The charge is YEN 10,000 (prepaid before Friday 23 August 2019) for kaiseki dinner and two hours of unlimited drinks from a fixed menu.
All Fellows or members of Trinity College (Cambridge University) living in or visiting Tokyo are very welcome.
Please register and prepay until Friday 23 August 2019. I will let those who registered know of the location.
Professor Dominic Lieven, Trinity Honorary Fellow and Emeritus Fellow
- Professor Lieven at LSE
- Professor Dominic Lieven at Harvard
- And here, Dominic Lieven on “The European Crisis” in Nikkei
Professor Dominic Lieven’s most recent book Towards the Flame: Empire, War and the End of Tsarist Russia was selected as FINANCIAL TIMES BOOK OF THE YEAR 2015, and was awarded the Pushkin House Prize – watch interviews with Professor Dominic Lieven here.
Professor Lieven’s recent book “Russia against Napoleon. The Battle for Europe, 1807 to 1814“, won the Wolfson History Prize and the Annual Prize of the Fondation Napoléon.
Here are some more of Professor Dominic Lieven’s works
- Empire: The Russian Empire and Its Rivals (Yale Nota Bene)
- Nicholas II: Twilight of the Empire
- Towards the Flame: Empire, War and the End of Tsarist Russia
- The End of Tsarist Russia: The March to World War I and Revolution
- Russia Against Napoleon: The True Story of the Campaigns of War and Peace
- The Cambridge History of Russia: Volume 2, Imperial Russia, 1689–1917
- The Aristocracy in Europe 1815-1914
Copyright (c) 2019 Trinity in Japan Society All Rights Reserved