Trinity in Japan bonenkai in Tokyo Friday 15 December 2017 at 7pm with Senior Research Fellow Dominic Lieven
All Fellows or members of Trinity College (Cambridge University) living in or visiting Tokyo are very welcome
Trinity Senior Research Fellow Dominic Lieven is planning to join our bonenkai dinner!
The fee is again YEN 10,000 including a kaiseki menu and unlimited drinks for about 2 hours, please prepay the fee as always. Usually we go for nijikai nearby. (with kind support from the College, we may be able to offer a subsidized rate for students, interns or comparable, please let me know when you register in case you like to be considered).
Registration and prepayment deadline is Friday 8 December 2017. I will send location details and account details for prepayment to those who register.
Senior Research Fellow at Trinity, Professor Faculty of History
- Professor Dominic Lieven at Cambridge
- Professor Dominic Lieven at LSE
- Professor Dominic Lieven at Harvard
- And here, Dominic Lieven on “The European Crisis” in Nikkei
Professor Dominic Lieven’s most recent book Towards the Flame: Empire, War and the End of Tsarist Russia was selected as FINANCIAL TIMES BOOK OF THE YEAR 2015, and was awarded the Pushkin House Prize – watch interviews with Professor Dominic Lieven here.
Professor Lieven’s recent book “Russia against Napoleon. The Battle for Europe, 1807 to 1814“, won the Wolfson History Prize and the Annual Prize of the Fondation Napoléon for the best foreign work on the Napoleonic era.
CIRSD Conference on WWI: Panel “What Kind of Failure?” – Prof. Dominic Lieven
Dominic Lieven: Dismantling Anglophone Hegemony Is a Costly Enterprise:
- Empire: The Russian Empire and Its Rivals (Yale Nota Bene)
- Nicholas II: Twilight of the Empire
- Towards the Flame: Empire, War and the End of Tsarist Russia
- The End of Tsarist Russia: The March to World War I and Revolution
- Russia Against Napoleon: The True Story of the Campaigns of War and Peace
- The Cambridge History of Russia: Volume 2, Imperial Russia, 1689–1917
- The Aristocracy in Europe 1815-1914
Copyright (c) 2017 Trinity in Japan Society All Rights Reserved