Zoom discussion on the Ukraine crisis with Trinity College Cambridge Fellows Dominic Lieven and Heonik Kwon
On Thursday 20 October 2022 at 6:00pm (Tokyo time), 10:00am (London/Cambridge time) Professor Dominic Lieven and Professor Heonik Kwon have kindly agreed to hold a zoom discussion on the Ukraine crisis with us.
- 6pm Tokyo time (10am UK/Cambridge time)- starts
- 6:15pm -7:15pm presentations by Professor Dominic Lieven and by Professor Heonik Kwon on the Ukraine crisis
- 7:15pm – discussions
Prior registration required until Wednesday 19 October 2022. Anonymous registrations are not accepted, please introduce yourself briefly when you register.
We will upload the recording to the Trinity in Japan Youtube Channel – by participating you agree to the upload of the recording:
Professor Dominic Lieven
Dominic Lieven is Honorary Fellow and Emeritus Fellow of Trinity
College Cambridge, Fellow of the British Academy, and Honorary
Academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Dominic Lieven was Distinguished Professor in International History at the London School of Economics LSE, 1978-2011.
- London School of Economics, Former Distinguished Professor in International History (1978-2011)
- Professor Lieven, London School of Economics (LSE), Visiting Professor at LSE, Department of International History
- Professor Lieven, Chair of the Paulsen Programme (currently suspended) at the LSE
- And here, Dominic Lieven on “The European Crisis” in Nikkei
Professor Heonik Kwon (권헌익)
Heonik Kwon has been with Trinity College since 2011 in the capacity of Senior Research Fellow in Social Anthropology. Author of prize-winning books on the historical memories of the Vietnam War, Asia’s Cold War, and the Korean War, he is currently working on the history of cultural internationalism in the twentieth century and beyond.
Professor Heonik Kwon has just recently been elected Fellow of the British Academy.
Professor Kwon is currently engaged in a five year international research project Beyond The Korean War, funded by the Korean Sciences Academy.
More about Dr Heonik Kwon (권헌익):
Registration and enquiries:
All Trinity members, Fellows and students globally are very welcome to pre-register, and I will send a registration link if there are still places available.
In “Your message” box please state:
- which event(s) you are interested to attend,
- your full name, briefly introduce yourself if this is your first time to attend a Trinity in Japan event,
- your affiliation with Trinity College Cambridge – Trinity students, PhD students are especially welcome
- If you are not associated with Trinity College Cambridge, you may still attend as a guest in certain cases – in this case please write a short sentence why you are interested to attend and participate in the discussion,
Thank you – we ask for your understanding that “anonymous” participation (eg name unknown to us, a free email eg hotmail / gmail / yahoo etc) is not possible. We cannot answer “anonymous” requests.
Photo rights notice. photo rights dominic lieven
This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license.
Date 26 February 2020
Source International Festival of Evangelical Culture «Epiphany nights» in St-Petersburg at 4:26, cropped, brightened
Author Крещенские Вечера
Copyright (c) 2022 Trinity in Japan Society All Rights Reserved
Leave a Reply